Saturday 4 January 2020

Get Ready for Christmas 2020

Welcome to our little workshop.


Firstly, I'd like to give a huge CONGRATULATIONS to Cherryl and Jeanette who both managed a clean sweep, 1 XMAS item (or more) for each month of 2019.  Well done ladies, I'm sure your family and friends were very thrilled to receive you lovely makes.

It may seem out of place to be talking of Christmas 2020 so soon, especially in the face of devastating fires and drought here in Australia. But I find comfort in friendship and in my sewing room, and hope that others can find a moment of calm in times of hardship and sadness.

Information on how to join in can be found on the sidebar.  We would love to see you in our workshop this year, creating gifts or items for yourself, getting a head start on a stress free December with handmade goodies to share.

Don't forget to add a post to the blog anytime between 25th and the end of each month and share what you have created. It can be 1 or more completed items, or like me, you can work on 1 project and share your progress each month.  There may just be a little incentive each month for those who post.

My project for 2020 will be to work on 'A Merry Christmas Garden' by Gail Pan and hopefully have at least a completed top.  Started back in January 2014 (shocking!) I managed the first 2 blocks.

Block 2

Block 1

So come on in and leave a comment to let me know you'll be joining. If you're new you will receive an email inviting you to participate in the blog and your link will be added to the sidebar.  If you're commitments are already full this year then that's OK too ...


10 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your blocks Narelle. Add me in again please. Hugs, xx

Renee said...

Way to go, Cherryl and Jeanette!

I failed miserably in 2019, but truly enjoyed seeing what you all created. I would like to join again in 2020. My goal will be to finish hand quilting a Winter/Christmas wall quilt with snowflakes so that I can bind it and finally display it this winter. Thank you for opening the workshop for us all again! I do hope you get some rain soon and that it helps with the fires. You have certainly been in my thoughts.

Fiona said...

wonderful to see that lovely quilt out to be worked on.... I managed some last year but didn't keep up..... oooops… but yes I would love to join in again this year.... thank you … I know you are very busy so it's lovely that you continue to encourage us all....
Hugz

Helen said...

I was slack again last year but hopefully I can do better this year....please add me again....
Love your blocks, a great start for you.

Cheryll said...

I'm in too...
And THanKs for all your hard work in 2019...xox

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Please add me to the elves for 2020, although I was a lazy elf last time I participated. My commitments have changed now and I have more sewing time but I do need accountability to keep me on track. My Christmas projects will be Christmas ornaments.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Is there a button-link for putting on our blogs?

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Well done to everyone last year who got lots done!! I've had a very slow start to 2020 but really would like to join in.. and hope to get more done than last year - shouldn't be too hard as I only got one item finished..sigh...!!!! Thanks Narelle! xx

Beth said...

I just found this blog while browsing. I love all things Christmas and I think this motivate me not to wait until Nov. to start holiday items. My blog is Appliqueand.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Is it too late to join in for 2020? I certainly need some prodding to get things done. :)