Wednesday 23 June 2021

May and June Finishes

Hello all!
I'm here today with lots of finishes, including
ones for May and June.  I didn't get anything
made for April but posting for May just slipped
right on by me so it's time to make up for that!

I finally stumbled across a panel that I just
could not say no to.  Not only did I grow up
on a large farm but today I have a huge
garden and lots of chickens.  You could say
I'm a Farm-to-Table foodie fanatic!
So I bought two panels.


Quilting a whole set of 4 placemats at
once is not a bad way to go!  Within 24
hours, I had all 8 quilted and one set bound
and complete.  (A person could get a lot of
gifts done this way!)


Admittedly, it took me a few more weeks to get
around to binding the second set while I
deliberated on which binding I liked more.


One set is for a gift, the other is on our own table.


Next I designed and made two patriotic table runners.


I'm not sure if I'll wait till Christmas to gift the
first, or maybe surprise the recipient now?


I am keeping the second as I made
it specifically to fit our entry table.
(Is anyone sensing a theme here?  LOL)


 These went together so easily, mostly with
the quilt-as-you-go method, so I created a
little tutorial on my blog if you are interested.
I'm planning on doing more for other holidays.
They're a great scrap buster--fabric and batting.


In other news, I sold a few quilts and am working on
two now; I entered two in a charity contest--one of 
which took first place out of 100 entries!  I shipped
off 3 baby quilts for another charity; and for a little
extra fun, I took my machine outside one particularly
 beautiful day and made a table topper to match the
quilt currently on our bed (using the HST trimmings
from that quilt).  I'm definitely keeping busy in the
sewing room but hopefully July will have me back
to posting in a more timely manner!
Will be watching for everyone's projects!

Happy gift-sewing!

3 comments:

Cheryll said...

Firstly CoNGRaTs... wow a first is fantastic...
Lots of beautiful work produced at your place... xox

Narelle said...

Oh I just love your placemats!
You have lots of lovely finishes ... well done xx

Miaismine said...

Beautiful finishes! Congratulation on first place!