Monday 25 January 2021

Fiona in January

 Hello fellow elves, or elvesses, or elvines,  

Is elf male or female or both?    I wonder... doesn't matter really - it was just a random thought I had....


Anyway... hello again.... I am going to try and work on something Christmassy each month.... I haven't done well the last couple of years and then it's a mad rush, and I do have some lovely Christmas projects I want to do...


These are the decorations I made last year.... the ones I sent (early) to UK have only just started arriving... I guess the Grinch did take their Christmas... they all had to stay at home on their own this year....  but I think they got some January smiles with the cheeky grin of the grinch....


My first Christmas project I worked on this year is this Annie Downs wallhanging... I did the applique and embroidery and still need to make up the blocks and borders.....

This was a kit I have had languishing in my drawers for a few years.....


... I want to do a decoration each month too.... it hasn't happened this month but I have decided what I will make... and with what.....


I'm sure that counts for something and I will try and make 2 in February to catch up.....

This is another Christmas project I have started.....  It is a Katy Dawson (from Cottage Garden Threads) design and a pattern I was given some years back.... quite a lot of stitching to do and I am doing a bit of it in between applique projects...


Sooooo...... my year has started with lots of Christmas plans.....  


Thanks Narelle and everyone else for the motivation to keep going.... and even though its only January its fun to do Christmas things..... 

5 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Lots of lovely Christmas plans Fiona! xx

Narelle said...

Awesome start Fiona. That fellow does have a cute smile in a cheeky way xx

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

All your projects look fun, applique and embroidery look lovely together.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Lots of fun projects started. I'm still struggling to come up with some ideas of what to work on all year!

Marti said...

Great start to the year. I hope to brush up my embroidery skills and join you with a Christmas project.