Saturday 27 June 2020

Child's Chef's Hat

It's been pretty busy around here with the garden,
19 new chicks and lots of quilting so I kinda skipped
last month...and maybe the month before?

For today, I wanted to share a chef's hat that I made
up very quickly for my grandson.  Turns out everyone
is out of interfacing (for masks I guess??) so I had to
substitute with some funky stiff stuff.  That and the
fact that I was trying to hurry means it's not my best
sewing.  But now I have it all figured out again
 (I made one years ago) and would love to make more...
if I just had some interfacing!!


SO, my point is that I may just give him this now
and then perhaps make another hat along with an
apron for Christmas--and in more fun fabric.
Like dinosaurs.  If I could find dinosaurs cooking
or eating (pref not eating other dinosaurs! Ha!),
that would be really cute.  Once I figured out how
to make it, it went together very quickly so I wanted
share the idea because they would be cute gifts for
kids who love to cook with mom and dad.
Or maybe even a teen who's aspiring to be a chef?
Hubs and I are big foodies so we raised a whole family
that cooks so I may even make everyone a hat for fun.
Once upon a time, I would make a fun gift for everyone
to open on Christmas Eve (on top of all the other gifts!) 
but it got to be too much and I ran out of ideas so
I stopped a few years ago but this has me thinking.
(And yes, one year I made aprons.)

By the way, the hat I made years ago?  I made it for my
Goddaughter, along with a matching apron with her name
on it and I packaged it all up in a big bowl with wooden
spoons.  It was a super-huge hit and I still have a pic.
Somewhere.  (I'm horrible about pictures!)

I also wanted to share one of the things that has been
keeping me so busy because it might be a gift:


I have someone interested in buying a queen-sized
version of a previous quilt so I have been working to make
this option for her.   I do not do special orders so I'm just
making another version my way and if she likes it, super.
If not, it will be a Christmas gift instead.  I've been mulling
over border options for two days--I have to add another 25
inches to get it up to size.

I hate that I've missed a couple months but gosh, we're
nearing that half-year mark so I know I've got to pick up
this Christmas gift thing!  Other than quilts, chef hats
and aprons, I'm not sure what else to make?

How's everyone else doing?


2 comments:

Fiona said...

Lovely little chefs hat and quilt.... you have been keeping busy...
Hugz

Narelle said...

Oh sew super cute idea ... maybe matching oven mits?
Love the quilt pattern.