Sunday 29 March 2020

My Big Gift Finish

I'm so happy to finally share my big finish.
I'm usually a one- or two-projects-at-a-time person
but this year, my first in an empty nest, I thought
it might be kind of fun to tackle a little more. 
I started this quilt back in January but somehow
other projects kept pushing it to the side.
Isn't that what happens to these ahead-of-schedule
 Christmas gifts?


Then I dragged my feet about some decisions
(to add or not to add applique, thread color etc).
And when I finally tackled the quilting, I ran into
thread/tension issues.  Thankfully, I cleared those
up and learned a new thing or two along the way.


The current world events have been distracting by
themselves but now our two college boys are home.
I started wondering if I would get this thing done
in time for Christmas!


The actual quilt top went together in just
a few days--the Irish chain is easy pattern
and also one of my favorites.


The quilt that has been riddled with interruptions is
finally complete, ready to be put under the tree.
Nine months early!
I wasn't able to get a good full pic of it due
to the insane wind we're getting.
(The wind is really a blessing--it's drying the garden up
so that I might actually get something planted!)
Instead I took a few with it draped over our bed but here
is one coming off of the frame, minus the binding:


Happy quilting and gift-making!

5 comments:

Cheryll said...

WOW... it looks fantastic...and better to be early than perhaps NOT at all...
Congrats on a huge finish...xox

Fiona said...

that's gorgeous... what a lovely gift...
Hugz

Jeanette said...

Love your quilt, it's gorgeous. Hugs, xx

Narelle said...

Oh wow Cheree ... you must be super proud of this one ... it's a stunner! xx

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

So pretty, I love the colours and quilting.