Monday 19 December 2022

Christmas Ornaments and Tea Towels to Gift

 

I have been remiss in sharing on this blog, but have been creating some Christmas items!  I appreciate finding inexpensive gifts to make in bulk for friends, the staff at my doctors' offices and to have on hand for extra gifts.  
I'll be sharing directly from my blog, if you don't mind!  
A friend sent me a picture of these ornaments by @simplymadebyerin on Instagram.  She generously shared her pattern using a thicker yarn and added greenery to the top of the her lovely ornament.  
I kept mine minimalistic and like the results!  Here is how I made my ornaments.  I used Erin's directions with the exceptions of using the I Love This Yarn Metallic in ivory and a G crochet hook.  As my yarn was thinner, I started with 26 chains, single crocheted in row 1, half double crocheted in rows 2-6, and single crocheted in row 7.  
Though the first skein of yarn makes roughly 17 ornaments.

I wanted to finish stitching up four tea towels for my Golden Girls.  We are a group of teachers/retired teachers who've known each other for at least 20 years.  Thus far, I've finished two and am working on the third.

That's it for now!
Merry Christmas to you all!  Happy New Year!


2 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So love the crocheted ornaments and the beautifully embroidered designs. Lovely gifts for sure. Enjoy the last Christmas stitching!

Narelle said...

Beautiful Gifts. Thank you for sharing.