Monday 25 February 2019

February projects -- add 2 to the pile!

Hello Again!


February, despite being the shortest month of the year, has been the most productive one that I have had in quite a while.


I completed not one, but two gifts for the Christmas Gift Box!


These scarves were made using the corner-to-corner (or C2C) crochet method using self striping yarn:



I find it really interesting that even though the dye lots were the same I ended up with two different color patterns.  Of course, since I used one skein for one scarf and the 2nd skein for the other it is completely possible that the dying sequence was different.




But the coloring was different on each one as well.


These were made using directions found on YouTube.  It seems that I have become a real YouTube junkie!  LOL


Now I not only have 2 more gifts, but I have also reduced my yarn stash by 2 skeins of yarn. . . . they were both completely used up without any of those little balls that I usually get & then feel guilty about throwing away.


Hmmm, now to start thinking of what I might be able to get done in March!


Happy Stitching,


Sherry

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Beautiful...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

They are perfect... xox

Narelle said...

Looking great and well done on stash busting as well xx

Renee said...

I love the yarn you chose. Your scarves look fantastic!