Sunday 21 December 2014

Last projects for the year.

I made two more items this year to complete the 12 month commitment.  One was a table mat which I saw in a magazine and liked because it was easy, and I knew I had the right fabrics in my stash.

Unfortunately I made a bad decision with the binding by using up strips that I had in my stash, instead of the same fabric all around.  Ah well, maybe next year I'll find time to rip off that binding and re do it properly.  It is sitting on the hall table with a phone and a few ornaments on top of it, so you don't really see much except for the gingham and Christmas braid.

The other item I made up was a stocking from one of those printed panels.  I donated this to a charity for their Xmas hamper.

4 comments:

Raewyn said...

The stocking is gorgeous and I bet it was well received in the charity hamper. Nice idea with the braid on the table mat. Good on you with keeping up the 12-month commitment, Gina. Merry Christmas!!

Gina E. said...

Thanks Raewyn - and a very Merry Christmas to you too!

Narelle said...

Sweet finishes and such a lovely gesture to donate your lovely stocking.
Thank you for crafting in the workshop with our fellow elves and look forward to a great 2015 xx

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Lovely finishes,I love both.x