Friday 19 February 2021

February's Christmas Project

I'm a little early but we have some travel coming
up and I'm just trying to get some things checked
of the list.  I like to leave with everything done!

One of my goals this year is to use up
all of the triangle trimmings I've saved from
some of my favorite quilt projects.  I've finished
sewing them into HST's--I'm estimating over
2,000 of them!--so it's time to start on some
scrappy mini-quilts.


My first project with them is this little table runner.

9 x 17.5

Having the HST's and the binding (scrap also!) 
ready allowed me to get this whipped up in 
just an hour or so.

The trimmings are from this quilt that I gifted to
my sister's husband several years ago.


I still have lots of coordinating fabric so I want to
get some coasters made and have a nice set
ready to be gifted to them next Christmas.

Getting all of those HSTs sewn up was a bit of
a struggle but it made for good tv-sewing while
we watched football and now that I have all
of these ready to go for playing around with, it
was all very worth it!  I'm excited to see what
other fund and quick minis I can come up with!

6 comments:

Cheryll said...

That looks great. Congrats on your finishes too...xox

Fiona said...

lovely... so effective
Hugz

Ivani said...

Contrata! Beautiful finish!

Marti said...

Great project! I like that it was a quick project AND used up scraps. I love the original quilt too.

Narelle said...

Fantastic idea Cheree and they look great! :)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are wonderful. Very smart of you to start early.