Friday 9 December 2016

The LAST one!

Well, it's been a very long year for me with many ups and downs, and I am looking forward to 2017 . However, despite all the "ups and downs" I managed to get my final Christmas gift finished this week.
Many thanks to everyone on the blog that inspired me to create and finish so many lovely gifts for my family and friends in 2016.  I may not have been able to post as regularly as I would have liked this year as we have been away from home for 8 out of the 12 months but I have enjoyed reading all the posts from the "Elves" and I look forward to seeing more in 2017.

Merry Christmas everyone.  Have a safe and happy holiday season with many happy memories with friends and family.

My final "gift" for 2016 is this quilt labelled "Flying High", for my youngest grandson - designed, embroidered, stitched, and quilted by me. There are 3 embroidered blocks, 3 "surprise" blocks, and 3 appliqued blocks. His name is appliqued at the top of the quilt and his birthdate and initials are on the embroidered aircraft.

Flying High, single bed quilt
An embroidered block

3 comments:

Renee said...

What a great quilt! Merry Christmas!

Narelle said...

Oh Diana, your quilt is gorgeous and will be an awesome gift!
Merry Christmas to you and may we both make it into the "workshop" more often :D

Nanna Ray said...

Thank you for your kind comments #Renee and #Narelle. I hope you both had a lovely Christmas. Both my little grandson and his mum loved the quilt and it brought tears to my eyes to see how much the little one loved it. So worth the long hours it took to make.