Monday 13 October 2014

September project.

I simply have no self control when it comes to finishing my craft projects.  I can finish things that are small, easy, or fast (or all three), but since I discovered patchwork and quilting I find hand stitching terribly slow going.  I love doing it, but it seems to take forever to finish anything.  Therefore my kittens stitcheries are still being worked on!  But I'm on the last one now, so all being well, that should be my October project posted here on time.  What's today - the 14th.  Eleven days to go.  I think I can do it...:-o

So I had to revise my plans for the September project, and as I was committed to making a crafty Xmas project for a swap on another forum, I had to do something fast.  Earlier this year I'd made a scrappy patchwork tree which is on this blog somewhere, and I've already given it away as a Kris Kringle gift at a Xmas In July party.  The recipient loved it, so I decided to make another one for the exchange, and it would do as my September One a Month project.  I embellished this one with sequins and beads in the corners of the squares, but it doesn't show up in the photo.  I used a cute fabric for the back instead of plain, so it can be displayed either way.


3 comments:

Jo Potter said...

Hi Jeanette,
Good to see you are getting ready for Christmas! These trees are rather cute as decorations... Just looked at the post below as well and totally love the pixie boots that you knitted. I think you could sell them like hot cakes if you had a Etsy shop! ;-)
Best wishes,
Jo. xx

Narelle said...

Lovely little trees and a cute idea :)

Sisbabestitches said...

So cute Gina! I have had the same problem with hand-stitching compared with machine sewing, a fast finish is sometimes hard to resist :) I love the backing fabric, it does look lovely :)