Tuesday 27 June 2017

Crazy Quilt Stocking


This month I made progress on a crazy quilt stocking for my eldest son.

The first addition was "Magical Ride" from the Stoney Creek Collection: Cool Friends Book 211. I stitched the mirror image of the chart so it would better fit a patch on the stocking. I used waste canvas to keep the stitches even. It was my first time using Kreinik Blending Filament. To be honest, it seemed a bit like embroidering with Christmas tree tinsel. I love pizazz it added. It was also my first time using a Turkey Stitch to make the fringes at the end of the scarf.

This is the pieced stocking prior to embellishment.

In my last update, I thought my Sun, Sand, and Sea BOM would be a Christmas gift project. However, I learned that the BOM goes through next February. That means it will be a birthday gift instead, so the updates will not be shared here in the workshop.

There are only 6 months until Christmas, so I need to get busy. (So many plans, so little time...) -Renee


No comments: