Sunday, 3 August 2014

July project finished tonight!

I found some beautiful Xmas fabrics at Darn Cheap Fabrics in Heidelberg last week, but managed to control myself and only bought two, but also bought some batting which I needed.   I ended up not using one of the fabrics, but that's okay - there will be a use for it some time in the future. 
So here we are at 11.30 pm on Sunday night - I was determined to finish this tonight as I'm seeing some friends tomorrow who always ask me what I've been sewing. 

As with so many of my projects, I started out with a design from a magazine, but it got changed along the way.   The original design was a table runner, of which the centre looked much like mine, but that's where I started changing it.  The original had four different fabric squares with the stitcheries, but I couldn't make up my mind which four to use,  so I ended up using one of my new fabrics.  Then as I was about to add the green border (which has gold starry stuff on it that you can't really pick out on this photo), I found a project in another magazine where they had put a thin gold border inbetween the main bit and the border, and I decided it would look good on mine!  The binding is green and gold stars, which is the same design as the red fabric.
So I guess it could be a wall hanging or a table centre.  Whatever the recipient wants it to be!

5 comments:

Sue Niven said...

lovely.

Linda Steele said...

You are being so organised, putting us all to shame!

Jo said...

That's very cute

laurajane said...

Lovely.x

Agen Tattonox said...

Thank you so much for picking my card as one your winners from the teddies challenge, it is such an honour.
Thank you for all your hard work in making the challenge so successful, it's a shame that the challenge is ending but I can totally understand your reasons and wish you all the best.
Sue xx obat penghilang tato