Friday 25 April 2014

April ~ 1 Block and a Gift

My goodness you girls are quick off the mark this month ... I see lots of busy, happy Elves with gorgeous projects.

I've managed to finish my first block of  'A Merry Christmas Garden' ...


a lot of work but I'm happy with my attempt at needle turn applique.

Two days before our local show I decided I needed to enter a pincushion so out came the 2.5" squares ...


pretty chuffed that it got a 2nd place and now it's going into the Xmas gift stash.

Happy Christmas sewing to all xx

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Narelle,well done.xx

Elyte said...

Congratulations on your second place get. It is a very pretty pincushion. Your Merry Christmas Garden is going to look wonderful.

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Lovely needle turn ,congrats on 2 Nd place,tis a lovely pincushion.

Raewyn said...

Two lovely pieces, Narelle. Congratulatons on the 2nd place!

Leeanne said...

Looking fab! The pincushion is very cute. Happy creating for next month.

marina said...

your block looks great and I love your award winning pin cushion!

Gina E. said...

What a buzz to win a place in the local show - well deserved. And your applique is exquisite!

Pat said...

Well done you!! And your appliqued block is beautiful .. I am so interested in trying needle turn applique too since seeing your amazing work! Pat xx

e said...

You've been very busy. Both projects are gorgeous !! :)

Quiltpassion.blogspot.com said...

Love both!!!

Brenda said...

Congratulations! Your appliqed block is gorgeous, so much detail. Well done on the pincushion, very fancy schmancy! (that's a good thing) ;)

Noela said...

Love the pincushion and your block. Hugs.....