Monday 3 February 2014

I've been super busy!!

The lily seed is buried in
the darkest, thickest mud,
grows through that pain and hardship and becomes the most beautiful shining flower,
tall, wise and strong from the experience.
Anon.

Hello to you all...finally! I’ve been having a few problems with blogger but have now worked it out!!
Ha Ha! I knew I’d give the last week of my holidays a good thrashing in the sewing shed!! Very pleased to say that my many projects I had on the go were successfully completed.  It was pretty hard to get myself going for my first day back at work but, as usual, once I got there and saw that group of rat bags, I loved it. Everyone was full of cheek, fun and stories. I did miss a couple of people that have moved on to other schools though.
Grab yourself a cup of tea and cruise around with me as I show you what I have been up to.......
A few new pieces to sell at the tourist centre. A chook appliquéd pot mat....

Birds in a nest stitchery,  that is also a carry pouch......

Rather cute!! Fun to make.
I was working on an Australian bushranger banner and have completed that but the photo turned out all blurred so I can’t show you the whole banner right now, but I can show you parts of it.....
The sheep in the paddock.....

The rolling hills.....

Ned Kelly’s homestead.....
Also for the library, I made a Fish banner that is about 90 cm x 60 cm approximately.

All scraps of fish fabric that had no other use and could not possibly be thrown out!! Lol.
My new project that I have started on. You will have to wait for this before I tell you what it is.


Wonder what this will be?
I’ve been waiting for this bush to flower and I got a pleasant surprise this week. Finally, a flower, so delicate . I can’t tell you what the bush is but I’ve waited a long time for the flower. Lol.

The first time flowering!!
Can’t wait to see all the kids at school on Monday,. For Western Australia it will be the first week back at school. It’s always exciting to see the little pre primary kids...they’re so small!!! Something else that always amazes me is to see how much the kids have shot up over the school holidays.
Thanks for dropping by and hope you all have an amazing week. May it be a week of much happiness and much stitching. Stay happy.

Cheers,  Anita.

2 comments:

Noela said...

You did get lots done. It makes you feel so good when that happens. This is the second week for our kids. My grandson had a change of teacher after two days but luckily he likes his new teacher as much as he did the first one. Hope all goes well for you. Hugs....

Cheryll said...

Great post Anita... full of wonderful items! :)